Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
We take a multi-disciplinary approach to banking and finance with expertise covering banking strategy, branch banking, capital markets, loan appraisals, documentation review and preparation and cross border risk participations among others. We have leveraged on our experience in working with financial institutions globally in providing services laced with an in depth knowledge of the sector.
Our expansive knowledge of the sector in Ghana and most parts of Africa through a wide network enables our lawyers to provide results driven advice to banks on some of their most complex transactions and to help them address some of their most challenging business issues. In addition, we have extensive experience in the issuance of sovereign bonds and other financial arrangements in Ghana.
Our team have experience in the legal aspects of capital markets and securities laws in in Ghana.
Some transactions our team have been involved in include:
- 2021 $3 billion Eurobond issuance by the Republic of Ghana involving the first Zero-Coupon Eurobond in sub-Saharan Africa
- 2020 $3 billion Eurobond issue by the Republic of Ghana;
- 2019 $3 billion Eurobond issue by the Republic of Ghana;
- 2008 $750m Eurobond issued by Government of Ghana;
- Advised on cross border transactions and risk participations for Chase Bank Kenya (now SBM Bank) and Ecobank Tanzania
- Co-advising on capital raise for Bond Financial Services in Ghana.
- Listing of Tullow Oil Ghana on the Ghana Stock Exchange;
- Listing of Golden Star Resources on the Ghana Stock Exchange;
- Private Placement of Intercontinental Bank (now Access Bank) of GHS 28M.