Natural Resources, Energy, Oil & Gas
Our team have experience in the energy, oil and gas sector both in terms of the legal environment and its financial aspects. We have advised the Government of Ghana on its energy sector recovery programme, including engaging with numerous international Independent Power Producers and Gas Suppliers in Ghana. This has involved advise on laws within the energy sector including investment in the sector and engagement with the Ministry of Energy, Public Utilities Regulatory Commission, Energy Commission, Ghana Grid Company, Ghana National Petroleum Company, Electricity Company of Ghana and Volta River Authority amongst others.
We also have vast experience in the financial aspects of the oil & gas industry such as the provision of advice for the novel sea wave technology in Ghana and the Magadi solar project in Kenya.
Some of our team’s experience in the industry include:
- Advice to the Government of Ghana on its energy sector recovery programme. This includes engaging with twelve main Independent Power Producers and Gas Suppliers in Ghana including renewable energy producers;
- Advising Exxon Mobil on its initial set up in Ghana.
- Advice to Genghis Capital/Chase Bank Kenya on foray into renewable energy financing in Kenya.
- Advice on preliminary works on TC Energy Ada Wave Energy Project in 2015.
- Advice to international investor seeking to invest in the 27 MW LNG to Power operations for the Government of Sao Tome.
- Advise on the proposed 40 MW Magadi Solar Project in Kenya.