Telecom, Telecom Infrastructure & Technology
Our experience in the telecom industry covers various transactions for key players in the telecoms industry including Vodafone, MTN, and Airtel. We have advised on mergers and acquisitions transactions and the provision of general commercial legal advice in the industry.
Our experience also covers the regulatory environment of the telecom industry with engagements with the Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications and the National Communications Authority on various regulatory challenges and matters arising in the industry.
Additionally, our experience covers the telecommunications infrastructure sector relating to commercial and legal issues arising from tower infrastructure, In-Building Solutions (IDAS) and Outdoor Distributed Antennae Systems (Outdoor DAS).
We also advise Fintech SMEs and advise them on corporate governance as well as assisting them navigate the ever evolving regulatory environment of Fintech in Ghana.
Some of our team’s experience in the industry include:
- Advisory work on the Vodafone acquisition of Ghana Telecommunications.
- American Tower Corporation’s $420 million acquisition of MTN Ghana’s towers and the transfer of certain employees and novation of various operational agreements.
- Engagement in the resolution of Business Operating Permit and Tower Moratorium challenges in the telecoms industry with the National Communications Authority, Ministry of Local Government and Ministry of Communications.
- Advising on various lease agreements for siting of towers, and negotiations with malls and other commercial buildings for the use of their spaces for In-Building solutions.
- Celtel B. V’s successful acquisition of Western Tele Systems and its later transition to Zain Ghana Limited which is now Airtel/Tigo.